fisher - which flex?

icewebdan

I have a goode 9700, I fill the hole and put a plate with HO animal binding. Since then I can not run the course better than 15 off at 34 I use to do up to 32 off...I can not get my off side turn the good way. I find 2 use Fisher on the market, one ORANGE and one Yellow. Anyone can help me on the choice... Fisher website tell I should take a Yellow (Base on speed, roap and weigh)but the 2007 Waterski test say they all prefer the Orange

Also is the fisher is easier to turn then the Goode 9700 because that is my biggest problem with the goode (on off side)....

I change fin set up by putting a little more front fin....For the boots here what goode web site say: IT IS NOTRECOMMENDED TO MOVE YOUR BINDINGS FORWARD OFRECOMMENDATION. IT IS VERY COMMON FOR FIRST TIME SKIERSTO FEEL LIKE "THE WATER IS NOT BREAKING IN THE RIGHTSPOT" AND FOR THEM TO MOVE THE BINDINGS FORWARD.THIS FORWARD ADJUSTMENT CAN CAUSE THE SKI NOT TO TURN..

So I been really carefull on that ....my front booth is a little bit more in front than the companie instruction....

What make me think of changing that ski is the change of reaction since I fill the hole and put a plate for the binding

• Baller
Don't listen to Goode. You set up a ski to your body and style, not someone at Goode.  I ran my front binding 5/16" forward of what they recommend.  Your ski changed not because of filling the holes but because of where that specific binding distributed the weight. If it were me, I'd move the front binding forward and put the fin and wing completely stock. 

• Baller

Here is one thing you can do based on what you have done so far. Remove the plate and take your binding and place it directly over the (filled in) holes it was mounted to before. Measure exactly where the rear of the front binding is. Re-mount the plate and measure to the rear of the binding. If it's not exact, move the plate until it is. If it still does not ski the same, then I would follow 2gofaster's advice and set the fin back to stock numbers and move the bindings in small increments forward and/or backwards until the turns feel good. Then make fine adjustment with the fin. It sounds to me as though you just didn't mount the bindings exactly where they were before...

• Baller
<I find 2 use Fisher on the market, one ORANGE and one Yellow. Anyone can help me on the choice... Fisher website tell I should take a Yellow (Base on speed, roap and weigh)but the 2007 Waterski test say they all prefer the Orange

Also is the fisher is easier to turn then the Goode 9700 because that is my biggest problem with the goode (on off side).... >

To answer your question about the Fischer... I would go with the yellow as recommended.  If the yellow can take Jason Parades into 41 at 36, it'll probably do everything you want it to.  I have skied on the 9700, and currently ski on the yellow Fish, and the Fish is easily as quick and as fast, if not more, than the 9700.  It is also more predictable and forgiving.  If you do decide to get a Fischer, you can't go wrong with the yellow.

• Baller
ICE, Most assuradly changing to different bindings and plates can and will change the way a ski behaves. Different bindings and plates will change where your center of gravity is on the ski. The front binding affects the off side turn and back binding affects the on side. Like Roger said, it sounds as if you didn't get them back in the exact position as you had them before.