Radar Rail Bindings

boarditup

I can't wear the RS-1 bindings - I wear a 14.  I put a set of Rails on a Senate.  Just a couple of sets on them.  So far - very comfortable and good control.  My previous bindings are KD Vise.  The best way to put it - I do not think about the bindings at all - I just let the ski perform.  If you don't like the closed toe of the RS-1, the Rail is a good binding at a decent price.

• Baller

Hey Karl,

How does the Rail compare to the Vice?  IMO the Vice and the D3 hiwraps are very similar bindings if not near identical.  I guess I'm trying to determine how similar the Rails are to the D3's - I'll be in the market for some bindings in the forseeable future and I don't think the RS-1's are for me.  My 2 sets of D3's are 5 years old and I have 2 Radar skis... 

Thanks, Ed

• Baller

Ed, The Rails are hands down better than the Vices. They have a very similar outer shell to the RS1s. So in the forefoot, there's a plastic overlay(underneath the outer "shoe" that wraps over the top. And in the rear the plastic overlay surrounds the heel. They heel overlay is not as tall as the RS1s, though.  Compared to the Vices(I came off of D3s and Vices) they have more control and you can run them looser so your foot does not tire as easily. In the end I bought the RS1s, but the Rails are definitely a step up from most high wrap bindings IMO.

Shane

Very different.  The rails feel confortable, but not "wrapped."  I barely tugged on them.  The felt loose, as compared to the high-wrap.  However, while on and skiing, I had the same control over the ski and my feet did not feel cramped waiting in the water.  I did not feel as if my feet were moving around at all.  They stayed put and I could feel what the ski was doing.  However, I never really had to pay attention to the bindings at all.  I have not taken a fall, yet, so I do not have any information on their release potential.  However, getting out of them after the ski run was easy.  I liked them so much I bought a set for the wife and daughter.  My daughter thought they were very comfortable and supportive as well.  She did not like the Comps feel, she really likes the Rails.  I may order one more for her swivel ski.