Star Gazer Noob. Need Help.

quimbola

• Baller

Not sure if this is the right place. Just installed star gazer, it seems to enter the course a little slow .8 mph and gradually speed up through the course, times are ok, but the skier can tell that we are speeding up.

Shouldn't it be at speed as we enter the course? It consistently does this.  When we pull without the skier it is dead on for speed.

This is a 98 Nautique, with paddle wheel.  I am using one magnet system.

Any way to solve this?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

First of all check your segment times. Are you running the latest version. My original module would run 7.23 3 balls and then hall ass to get 95's. If its the new version you can adjust the times coming in to the course by changing the 1 and 3 ball bias in the settings.  Stargazer will normally give a hot time without a skier on the back, not sure why yours is not the same

• Baller

Hmm, that is odd mine is perfect without a skier.

Mine comes in slow, 33.5 before the entrance gate, then gradually increases to hit time 34.2mph.

I am out of town and will check when I get back.

I received my Star Gazer at the end of March, is there a newer version?

Thanks.

• Baller

Just installed mine yesterday, absolutely awesome, unreal smooth linear pull. '03 196 w/excalibur, put all my baselines in from the previous version, went out on the course and all times were exact with me and my two boys in the boat, no skier. Two skiers after that one @ 34, myself @ 36 and the worst time we got on both was .01 slow (eg.16.09). Wiht the 34 mph skier coming in to the course the speed read 35 ish and came down from there, first three balls were a little faster than actual, like .02 or.03, nothing really and the reast of the pass was dead on. Used the one ball timing setup.

You can try and adjust your KX setting to + or ++ and pretty sure there is some kind of setting for up to 3 ball, never really got too deep into manual besides initial setup since it worked perfect out of the box.

• Baller

By holding the ON/OFF button the the UP button at the same time, you will be able to adjust your pregate, 1 ball and 3 ball settings for 34mph L and N and 36mph L and N.  Each boat is different and will be some fine tuning to get actual mid course and end times.  Don't just focus on end times.  You'll get 16.95 everytime.  The devel is in the details.  The adjustments that the boat makes at 3 ball to get the 16.95 end time can have a dramatic impact on the skier.  If you are running 7.18's mid and 16.95 end times, the boat is smoking the skier on the back half of the course.  If you are getting 7.06 mids, then the boat is smoking the first half and slowing down in the last half.  In order to balance the two, you will need to adjust the pregate, 1 ball and 3 ball settings accordingly - up for slow mids and down for fast mids.  I would suggest a pregate of .50, 1 ball of 17 and 3 ball of 15 to begin with.  Adjust upward or downward from there.

jhd

What can someone tell me about a SG version that DOES NOT have L or N on the main screen.  Is this an old version or a new version?  I drove a MC with L & N last weekend and a Malibu the did not have the option on the main screen 

• Baller

Just an update.  I notice that I only get it going out hot on one side of the course, one side has a shorter set up than the other.

I have some adjustments that were recommended, I'll report back later.