CarbonFins RIP - One Thousand Fins is enough

Horton

• Administrators

I basically closed CarbonFins today. There are some softer flex fins left for sale but I am holding back all the remaining higher performance fins for friends and family. The fins got me back to skiing and it was a really fun deal in the beginning. To this day I adamantly believe that fin flex is a misunderstood and largely ignored tuning option.

I want to thank all the skiers that supported the effort. National and Regional titles & records were set using the fins. I have to thank Greg, for buying a ton of fins and kicking ass with a 106 Monza fin. Jimmy Siemers  won his first world overall title using a custom fin but I think he just did not know any better. Have to thank all the D3 factory guys who jumped on board in the beginning. The guy who broke fins hitting turtles and the guy whose dog ran off with the package. Heck, I want to thank Dr. Jim for my favorite quote on the testimonials page.

My last ever real shipment was suspiciously one of each shape and flex that I had left. I kind of hope that they are going to someone doing R&D of some sort. If someone is working of thier own version they should call me.

Sincerely,

John T. Horton

Goode ★ KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
Good stuff, John.  Thanks for making a product you were passionate about.  That's rare in today's world.  My daugher's thank you also.  They don't ride a ski w/o a CBR 88 in the fin box - they were brought up RIGHT!

• Baller

John, thanks for all your work.

i purchased a 88 redim for my monza early last season and i feel your fin contributed to me picking up a line length, so thank you for that.

come next season i plan on  getting on ( or at least trying) an RS-1. Do you guys think the redim will have just as a positive affect on the RS-1 as as it did for the MPD? if so, chalk me down for another one of those 88 redims!

• Baller

I'm glad I got an 88 and a 106 in time...

Guess I'll have to take extra care of them and not change to an incompatable ski /vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-wink.gif

This keeps happening to me in this sport. I get used to a ski, they stop making it, gloves, they change the design, bindings, they change the design. Never thought fins would land in this category...

Thanks for all your efforts John, I'm very happy to have gotten a couple before you chose to move on.

• Administrators
Theory? It is a carbon speed fin. I had free time in the shop and no woman on my ass to watch a lifetime movie. I an not even sure I will ski with it.

Goode ★ KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can