Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

RS-One Numbers

Horton

• Administrators

I am getting this question a lot so.....My RS - 1 came with the following #s 2.4855 / 6.8635 /.7850 (tips- head)

I think that these are really good starting #s for the 67  - 29.25

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

These are posted on the Performance Surf and Ski site for the RS-1

Fin Setup:..................Bindings.......Fin Length........Fin Depth....DFT

66":....28 7/8â€ÂÂ........6.850.............2.48........0.74
                   67":.......29 1/4â€ÂÂ..........6.870.................2.50.........0.78
                   68":.......30â€Â  ..............6.880.................2.505.......0.79

These setting are to the best to date stock settings. We will always be testing new setups for these skis and learning the potential of the RS-1. This is a ski that will offer tremendous variety in settings to the skier who wants to keep pushing the envelope. The stock settings have been tested and give a very solid first impression of the potential awaiting the skier.

• Administrators

While we are at it:

I got the question yesterday about how to measure binding placement with the RS-1 boot. Eddie told me to find the double stitching on the back of the boot and measure from the top stitch.  

stitch.jpg

Eddie, I know you are out there. Did I get that right?

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

While we are at it: I got the question yesterday about how to measure binding placement with the RS-1 boot. Eddie told me to find the double stitching on the back of the boot and measure from there.

stitch.jpg

Eddie, did I get this right?

Drop a dime in the can

When we set up the RS-1's on a ski that was previously wearing Animals (for example) we measured the animals from the heel rubber and then attempted to approximate the location of the liner's heel not the shell's heel. It's worked twice so far.

• Baller

One thought about those numbers from perfski. They are the same ones they had up last year for the black ski. That may not make a difference, but if the new ski is softer, different core, etc, it would seem that there would be some change in fin recommendations.

If anyone is "in the know" about whether the factory guys are using the same numbers on the new ski please pass it along.

• Baller_

The numbers I got from Eddie were:

6.845 flat

0.77 flat

I got a 68" and don't know if the recommended settings are much different for other lengths.  The fin was off quite a bit from these when I got it, but I never trust fin settings out of the box anyway.  I put my bindings at 29 7/8".

After 4 sets on the ski, I am VERY impressed with it.  The 'stock' settings work well and I don't feel any need to adjust yet.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Administrators

I think my hole is my business! Binding hole? One of the 1/2 holds to get to 29.25"

Those #s are closer to where I was early this spring with my black MPD and I have to say that I am skiing way better with the other #s

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

I just spoke to Eddie. He claims that he got 61 skis (RS-1) into his 97 Honda Civic!

He also said that the official starting #s are 2.497/6.850/.77 (head - tips)

http://www.badfads.com/images/phonebooth1.jpg

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

Thanks John/Eddie. That is what I was looking for. FYI I spoke with Trent re: numbers. He is a bit deeper and farther back (2.510, .750, and 6.848) Forgot to ask if he is on a 66" again or moved up to a 67" though.

My ski is supposed to be in today. Going with Eddie's numbers.

sj

Here are the numbers I got from T-Mo last weekend.

6.840 tips Length and 6.759 flat from my Goode Caliper

2.510 Depth

.750 DFT

Rini was the set up man for him.

Ian Trapps numbers

6.850 Tips

He runs the wing at 9

Both had indicated that if you have tip comming up after hook up, move the fin back until it stops.

I have my 67 RS1 all set up and waiting to ride. The binding position for my front Approach is 29.25 and I am right at that distance on the very front hole in my bindings. If I needed to, I could not move it any further back. I am starting at the numbers that Horton posted above. Now if I could just heal up my back I could ski.

I am out for a week or so waiting to heal. 

I got the first quality rides on my RS1 last night and it brought me right back to the feeling I had from the 07 ski test that I could not find with the 9800 last summer. The first set I was at 29.25 front boot. With the hole set up, I could not get my usual 1 inch spacing between my rear toe and the back of my front boot. I ran a few 28s and got in the boat. I moved to 29.5 to get my toe spacing. I ran a clean 28 but 3 straight 32s I broke at the waist at 1 ball and biffed. I made a few calls to JTH and set it back up at 29.25 and ran 28 until the ski felt normal. I never felt it break at 1/3/5 at all. I went to 32 and ran it clean and then 35 was also nice.

The ski is very stable and the tip stays in the water on both sides. I do not think it is as fast as the Monza but it holds plenty of speed. I think it can go as fast as the Monza, just not with the ease of the Monza. But what you do get is great stability from the wake to hook up after the ball. This is where I was struggling on my Monza. At 35, you are wide early so you need to be patient and counter rotate. The ski never felt like it wanted to hunt for an edge like the 9800 felt to me. Overall, it feels like a very stable ski that generates and holds nice angle from hook up to release. I would like to beable to move my rear boot back a 1/2 inch, but I think I can adjust. I plan on staying on the ski through the weekend and if I stay on track, I will be a Radar Rocks guy from now on.

DFT .760

Length 6.845 tips

depth 2.49

PS

My 67 Monza is forsale and needs a quality rider and home.