Nautique Trailer

lkb

I have only had Prestige on my 04/05/06/07s. My 04 and 05 sucked. No problems, but they did not pull as nice as my Ramlins. In 06, they beefed up the nose wheel, added a great wench, stainless steps, rebunked and put cool LED lights all over it. It now pulls great and looks great with the boat.

I have no idea on putting a 95 on it, but I dont think the bunks would fit. Central Kentucky Inboards has great deals on trailers and could answer that question.   

• Baller

Use whatever works. 

I put my new 04 MC on the trailer from my 76 Nautique. Of course, I had to move the stops all the way forward, cut off the guides and remove the step to get it to balance. It was pretty dicey but I didn't have to drive - I made my 15 1/2 year old son tow it to our lake (4 hours driving). Anything over 55 (mph not kph) made it fishtail horribly. The boat dealer took lots of pictures - saying something about classic ghetto rigs (the truck was kind of muddy too). Anyhow, we made it fine. I switched to a horribly rusted trailer from a 97 Nautique (not highway safe) which fit OK for handling around the lake (the guides had rusted off but it fit OK). The winch was sketchy so we had to power the boat onto the trailer. The same son used a bit too much power and drove the boat into the back of the truck (new prop and a couple of cosmetic scratches). The boathouse with lift became a priority and is now done.  The boat will hopefully never be on a trailer again.

On second thought, if you don't have a boatlift get a really nice trailer.

Eric

• Baller

I've got a boat lift but I want something decent just for those few times a yr when I need to take it out of the water. The guy is asking $1500(negotiable) and says it's in avg to good shape.

Anybody know of anything else for sale out there?

• Baller

I just paid $1800 for a brand new single axle Roadrunner trailer for my 05 from Buxton in Lewisville, Tx.  So for not much more money, you could get a very nice trailer built specifically for your boat.

05nautique1.jpg' alt='05nautique1.jpg'>

• Baller

I was very impressed with the Roadrunner.  It uses C Channel main frame rails instead of boxed tubing but I actually like that because I know it's not trapping water inside. The lighting on it is great. It tows well and the boat sits about 6" higher than on a ramlin or dorsey so you don't have to worry about centering it between the fenders.  The one thing it could use is a keel V. I say this because with the bunks being higher, you have to back deeper into the water and this causes the point of the bow to end up below the bow roller. So I'm having to pull up onto the trailer, attach the winch, then pull forward with the truck a couple of feet so that the angle is better before pulling the boat all the way up against the roller. If the trailer had a keel V, I think the keel would ride up on that and push the nose up to get it over the bow roller.

For the record, though..........prestige makes a really good trailer.

shane