Water forces against the front foot

Cam

• Baller

I have been on a reflex style front boot for just over 4 years and as the sole of the boot was starting to wear I glued on some 1/32" insertion rubber to the sole to protect it.
I have had 6 sets on the boot now and after every set I have noticed that the rubber at the front of the boot is getting fatigued and ripped away almost like a flag in a strong wind.
I wouldn't have thought that water would have affected the front of the boot, but am now thinking about streamlining the front of the boot in some way to stop this problem which must be producing drag.
I did notice George Mayling had his binding streamlined, but didn't realise why, but am now starting to get an idea.

Any thoughts?

One thought.  Be careful you don't create a shape at the front of the boot that will produce some unanticipated hydrodynamic force (such as lifting the front of the ski while on edge) that could affect the way it performs.  No matter what you do, make sure it is easily reversed... just in case.

TW

• Baller

Something doesn't sound right about this. I don't think there is a lot of water hitting the front of the binding if everything is set up correctly. Look at the video of Remi skiing on the binding (camera on the front of his ski). The front of the binding barely gets any water through the whole pass... (scroll down to the shot of Remi skiing with the arrow pointing to the camera and click on the "See the video" link.

Remi`s what`s new page