ZO Purchased PP last week

Horton

• Administrators

Aquastar, Inc.'s Zero Off, and EControls, Inc., reach an agreement with PerfectPass regarding GPS speed control technology rights.

Zero Off, the leader in GPS speed control technology, and EControls, Inc., the manufacturer of Zero Off, have reached an agreement with PerfectPass, the respected long time industry speed control provider. The agreement states that starting with the 2009 boat model year, Zero Off will be the exclusive GPS speed control system provided by OEM boat manufacturers for all "Throttle by Wire" applications. This technology is utilized by most leading engine builders in the inboard and stern drive marine markets.

"This is positive and exciting news for professionals as well as recreational athletes and enthusiasts. This agreement provides standardization for training athletes, and consolidates the integration of the speed control and engine management system for improved reliability and robustness." - Jeremy Lessaris - Marketing Manager AquaStar, Inc.

"The decision to sell this division of our business was a difficult one for all of us", stated company President Eric Horton. "Ultimately, we recognized that EControls had a competitive advantage due to their existing engine controls business. They were a natural buyer of our business which fits perfectly into their existing business model. EControls is a superb company with a strong engineering and management team."

Since its inception Zero Off has gained momentum and skier acceptance through its performance, ease of operation, and proven track record. Zero Off has had great success over the past two years; passing AWSA testing, gaining AWSA tournament certification, becoming exclusive supply partners with Correct Craft for the 2008 model year, and working with major OEM boat manufacturers for the 2009 model year release. In addition, Zero Off has been chosen as the official speed control for the 2008 Masters Waterksi Tournament as well as the MasterCraft Pro Tour - including the US Open.

"We all can relate to how GPS has made our lives easier in many applications. Aquastar, Inc., Zero Off, and EControls, Inc., have brought true GPS technology to the Waterski and Wakeboard Industry. This announcement and this team paves the way for future technology advancements to the boating industry, and the sport of Waterski and Wakeboard." - Andy Mapple

"Zero Off has proven to be the leader in GPS based speed control both in 3 event skiing as well as the wakeboard market. I'm extremely excited to see the future advancements a company like Zero Off can bring to our sports." - Freddy Krueger

"I never felt so light and so strong behind a boat before I experienced Zero Off. I ran six out of six 39's off in a Pro Event last year in 2007. The system has enormous potential and it will increase the level of this sport, it's a tremendous tool for this industry." - Thomas Degasperi

"I feel comfortable putting anyone in the driver seat now that I can depend on Zero Off to do the job. Whether I need a straight line or a huge double up, I know my speed will be dead on." - Shaun Murray

For more information on Zero Off GPS speed control visit us online @ www.zerogps.com

The future of speed control is here!

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

This agreement was undoubtedly a settlement result of the federal lawsuit initiated by Zero Off.  It sounds very much to me as if Perfect Pass is agreeing to not pursue the DBW speed control market, and ZO won't be addressing the throttle-cabled-boat aftermarket.

I have to think that both companies will continue to exist for some time to come, especially when you consider the vast number of pre-2006 boats that remain in use.  Good inboard ski boats last a long, long time.  While PP has been very successful in the marketplace, it's probable that the vast majority of these older boats do not yet have a speed control system - and that is the market PP will continue to serve. 

TW 

• Baller

I was told that PP has 60,000 units in the field.   FWIW.

I am fortunate that I'm able to ski behind ZO (08 Nautique) and SG (08 Malibu) as well as PP 6.5ng (97 Nautique).  My performance tends to track the same behind each.  I've come to the conclusion that the differences are more boat related than cruise related.  Therefore, I'll keep my old PP 6.5ng system in my 97 SN until such time as the technology (i.e. pull) becomes a liability to my training.