Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

RS-1, size 9

chris

New Radar RS-1 front with carbon plate. I am a rear toe guy and was afraid to sinch up the boot too much for a good release since I am RTP, ie either 2 in or 2 out on a fall.

You can easily order a rear RS-1 boot and just screw it on or a rubber boot of choice as the plate has lots of pre-drilled holes.

$150 for boot, liner and plate, (about half price)

Believe it or not, I am back on an old Jobe zip up, oversized so I can fit it with an orthotic. Since I am a rear toe guy, and have had multiple surgeries on my front knee (from another injury), I am going back to rubber for familiarity.  Just makes me feel safer. I need to know that I can come out in an OTF.

Otherwise, the RS-1 is an amazing design and should work well for the hybrid that it is. I skied Powershells before, but the above issue still comes up in my mind every time on the swim platform, a bit daunting.  Fit tightly, the RS 1 should edge like a hard shell. It does have a slick heel section so you come out with the liner on your foot.  It may be designed a bit better for double boots, but Andy showed it to me as a RTP option.