G-10 Plates

Director Darwin

• Baller

We have G-10 plates available - same material as the Goode Powershell plate but in a thinner, easier to use version and for less!  Can be sent blank, with holes for HO/D3 or any binding combination.  Makes moving your bindings from ski to ski effortless.  And, you keep your front boot/back boot spacing the same no matter the ski.  We can also custom design a plate using any combination of binding manufacturers.

G-10 is preferable over aluminum because when it flexes, it doesn't degrade the integrity of the plate.  Aluminum will lose tensile strength over time and if it bends, it is impossible to reshape to original.  Also, if you use dual loc, it adheres to the G-10 much better than aluminum.  We have made binding plates for Fluid Motion bindings, Reflex bindings, RS-1 bindings, HO bindings, Goode Powershells and many more.  E-mail me for details.  Plates start at $50.

Contact jdarwin(at)lakesatcottonwood dot com for details. 

• Administrators
We had some of these plates at the 08 SkiTest. I made the decision that we would not drill any skis at the test no matter what. These plates made it possible to put any bindings on any ski.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

Did you use the Goode powerplate fixed on to the ski with Inter-loc in combination with a Reflex binding? What was your experience regarding the adjustable release of the binding? Does the combination INter-loc and Reflex binding work?

• Baller

We have not employed a Reflex boot on a G-10 plate using dual loc as a release mechanism.  Dual loc is a FASTENER - not a predictable release mechanism.  If you want to use a Reflex boot, I would suggest using the Reflex release system mounted to a G-10 plate.

If you want a "Powershell" type system, I would suggest our G-10 plate w/ Fluid Motion boots.  This system would cost less than the Goode Powershells and will last much longer - and the parts are easily replaced if they wear.

Many skiers have good experience using dual loc on their plates.  It is simply a matter of personal preference and the ability to guage how much and where to use the dual loc.

Thank you very much for the prompt answer. I have a slightly different intention:

I want to avoid drilling holes into the Goode to fix my Reflex Binding. The idea is to fix the Reflex on the plate and to fix the plate with the Inter-Loc on the ski (which is also suggested by Goode on the Web Page (http://www.goode.com/waterskipp.htm).

The question is: Will the Inter-Loc connection be strong enough to allow the adjustable release system of the Reflex binding to function? Goode is only talking about Rubber bindings on his webpage but not about the Reflex boot with a releasable snow-ski binding (I know it is a little bit exotic, but a great system because of the adjustable release).

I do not have any experience with Inter-Loc - how strong is the connection to the ski?

• Baller

If you try it you should probably use 250 to 400. It's a much stronger bond.

There is an aluminum plate available with studs placed in the std hole pattern. It connects to the ski with a really strong double sided adhesive. With that you could bolt on the plate that is actually designed for the reflex. I think Henrik at Miami Ski Nautiques sells them.

• Baller

Couple of issues here.  I would avoid aluminum plates for two reasons.  1) if they bend (and they will), they lose a significant portion of their tensile strength.  2) Dual loc adheres to G-10 much better than aluminum.  One other issue is cost - G-10 is typically less expensive.

The double sided adhesive is less costly but once you have your plate on your ski, it stays there.  Dual loc allows you to remove the plate to make minor placement adjustments and/or move the plate from ski to ski.  Much more user friendly in that environment.

Reflex bonds are a nice ADDITION to the use of dual loc for non-release attachments.  I would not use the bonds as my single source for attachment.  If you have a releasable system (such as the Reflex) attached to a G-10 plate, the use of Dual Loc is sufficient.  No need to add the Reflex Bonds.

If you use a 250/400 combination of Dual Loc, it will not release before your Reflex system does.  We have two skiers at my site using this setup.  This was one of the main reasons my neighbor began this project.  He is running a Reflex front / Wiley's rear on a G-10 plate.  If you have specific questions about his set up, you can contact him at  teammalibu2000 (at) yahoo.com.

Thank you very much for this comprehensive answer! I will definitely contact your neighbour . Meanwhile I also received an answer from Goode:

"Thank you for your interest in GOODE Ski Technologies.  The Interlock is made by 3M and is considered to be an industrial fastening system.  We use 250 and 400 Interlock on the PowerPlate which will not release.  We do not recommend using the Interlock on product other than the property of GOODE.  If used on something other than GOODE any damage or loss which may occur we would not be responsible nor liable for."