Top skis for rough water

JH

• Administrators

I don't know if there is really such a good thing as a good ski in rough water. I have heard a lot of skiers talk about older- heavier skis being better in rough water. I have also heard skiers say that the F1 is better in chop. That makes sense but since it sits deeper in the water. If you are talking about rollers then I do not know what to tell you.

I guess going a little longer in length could help . . .   

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

I remember when the first Goode's hit the market, a lot of people were raving about their rough water performance and they were the lightest ski ever at the time. I think it may have more to do with torsional stiffness than weight. My Fischer seems to handle rough water pretty well and it's lighter than my Goode was...

Hallo Horton

In a good day I run 12m at 36 now I have nomad 06 I have doing bouys since 1983 and I am looking after a new ski.I am curious what the newes ski are in roygh water if there is someone who have test the newest one.

JH from Sweden

• Administrators

At your level there is not a better ski for rough water then what you have. The new Nomad RCX is a much better ski then your 06 but I do not know that it will be better for the bad water. If you are a very technical skier the F1 might work for you.  See http://waterskitests.com/IST08/F1.htm I would not buy this ski without trying it first.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can