Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

More on GPS

lkb

• Baller

I have a question. Which slalom mode is the most aggressive and which is the softest A,B or C ? It works a little different with ZO than PP, but let me see if I can make it make sense.  In PP we are used to having a "KX" value that makes the pull stronger or weaker.  If you go to "+" the boat gets stronger "-" and the boat gets weaker.  With Zero Off the letter "B" is comparable to "normal" in PP.  And what that means is that if you could map the way the gain settings come on the skier off the buoy and then how they release the skier into the ball, the graph would look like a "bell curve".  So the boat will release the skier into the buoy with the same intensity it picks the skier up off the ball. 
The letter "A" is often referred to as the more aggressive pull setting, but in reality the "A" setting is more aggressive off the buoy when you start your pull, but will release you into the buoy the same way as the letter "B". 
The letter "C" is exactly the opposite of letter "A".  So letter "C" will pick you up off the buoy the same as letter "B", but will release you more aggressively into the buoy so you feel more free into the ball. 
Now the obvious question is, "why not just do stronger or weaker"?  The reason for this is because the system is based on speed and not on an RPM pull just going stronger or weaker with the gain settings didn't seem to fit well with the athletes doing the early testing.  In fact it was a unanimous decision to go with the system as it currently is based.  Later we found that the reason this works is because different skiers want to get to different widths on the boat and these 3 settings are most likely to allow the skier to move to different places on the boat. 
Where should you start?  Start with the letter "B" and then try "A", last try "C".  Most of the pro skiers I am finding like either "B" or "A", but we have the occasional "C". 

For 2008 the gain setting for A,B, and C are lower than they were for 2007 and thus the pull is more forgiving and more comparable to what we are all used to.  I think those of you who tried ZO last year and have tried it again with the new gains, will really appreciate the improvements.

I have heard that it depends on whether you have the newest version of Zero Off or not. Which version do we have ? You should all have version "O".  I am going to give you instructions on how to check what version you have.  I would like you all to check and see and let me know if you do not have version "O".

To find what version you currently have press and hold the "MENU/SCRN" button until the menu bar comes up across the top of the screen.  Highlight the "SCREEN" option by using the arrows and then press the "SELECT" button.  Then using the arrows scroll down until you get to the "DIAGNOSTICS" screen.  Press the "SELECT" button and then TAP the "MENU/SCRN" button twice to view the Diagnostics screen.  The first two lines on this screen display hardware part number, serial number (1st line) and software part number (left side of 2nd line).  The software part number will look
like "SW: E1886100O".  The last O in this line is the version of software that you all have.  When you get a newer version the last digit will be a "P" or whatever version you get.

NOW THIS IS IMPORTANT:  WE HAVE A NEW VERSION THAT WE ARE TESTING CURRENTLY THAT WILL BECOME VERSION P.  THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IN VERSION P AND VERSION O, IS THAT WE FOUND A SMALL MEMORY LOGIC ISSUE IN VERSION "O" WHEN YOU GO TO USE THE JUMP PROGRAM.  I AM GOING TO TELL YOU HOW TO WORK AROUND THE PROBLEM, AND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE WE WILL GET YOU ALL UPDATED WITH NEW VERSIONS, AND I WILL EXPLAIN HOW WE ARE GOING TO DO THAT IN A MINUTE.  FIRST LETS ADDRESS THE JUMP ISSUE.  THIS IS FROM JOE GROGAN FROM ZERO OFF:  There is a workaround that allows RevO software to function properly even with the software issue if someone has it installed and needs to run a tournament.  The problem only shows up if someone has both a slalom and jump course mapped, and transitions from slalom mode into jump mode using the UP button once the system is in course select mode (done by highlighting the course name using the SEL button).  If they get into jump mode from trick mode using the DOWN button (pressing UP cycles through the course types in the order slalom/jump/trick and back to slalom, while pressing DOWN goes in the reverse order slalom/trick/jump ...) then the problem does not occur.  Obviously we want to eliminate this problem completely, I'm just letting you know what works if someone is in a pinch and needs to use RevO at short notice.
SO WHAT JOE IS SAYING IS THAT IF YOU GO FROM THE SLALOM MODE AND WANT TO GO TO THE JUMP MODE, PLEASE HIGHLIGHT THE COURSE SELECT MODE (BOTTOM CENTER OF YOUR SCREEN) THEN PRESS THE DOWN ARROW TO CHANGE FROM SLALOM TO TRICK THEN TO JUMP.  AGAIN, I APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVIENENCE, BUT THIS IS A SIMPLE WORK AROUND, UNTIL WE CAN GET YOU THE FIX AND ALL FORMULAS YOU ARE CURRENTLY USING ARE THE SAME AS VERSION P.

Do we all have the same version?
You should all have version "O". 

Is it the newest version?  See above.

Is there a new version in development?  Gentlemen, there will always be a new version in development.  Always.  And you will have access to these changes as soon as we release them.  Let's go over how we will update your systems.  In the past if you wanted to update your PP you got a new chip.  ZO will use what we call an FTP web site.  We are making available USB cords that will plug directly from your Windows based laptop into your engine.  You will be able to go the website, put in your serial number for your head unit (see the above to know how to get the serial #), you will download a program with software then install that software into your boat.  Zero Off will sell the cords for cost, I think the cost is currently about  a $130.  I will have 3-5 cords that I will mail to you for you to borrow, and you MUST mail it straight back to me so we can get others done, as well as MasterCraft will be getting cords out to our regional coordinators.  You will also be able to take your boat to your local dealer and they can download the software for you via the diacom systems they check your engines with.  I know this may not seem like the easiest thing in the world and I assure you some of you will be inconvienced, but if we all appreciate that his is a new speed control system and things will be moving forward as fast as possible.  I will also say that if you can buy one of the "dongle" USB cords for cost now, I think it would be a good investment as in the future we plan on releasing software you will be able to "map" your progress in skiing through this same cord.  Maybe even some day you'll be able to see what you look like compared to Andy Mapple!  This company has some exciting stuff on the docket, hopefully we can get it all done and out to you quickly and seamlessly.

• Baller

The info above came to me as a forward from a senior driver/Mastercraft promo guy that I ski with. The answers to all those questions are by Freddy Kreuger.

lkb