Who's coming to Nationals this year?

Roger

• Baller

Besides hanging out on this and other forums, I ski at Okeeheelee Park and am on the Board of Directors of the Ski Club. I would love to meet some of you to put faces and additional personality with the exchanges I have participated in here.

So.... who's coming?

• Baller

lkb - Hope you can do it. Ski school if you can, it make a huge difference.

Richard - Sounds like you're going to be here. I'm trailing you a bit, my goal is 100 buoys (4@38), current PB 2@38, I'm in M5.

jdarwin - now didn't that work out nicely for you /vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-smile.gif   I'm sure we'll hear from those where it didnt' work out so well though... scheduling this thing is very difficult, it's either too early or too late or the divisions are on the "wrong day."  We do our best...

Here is a photo of me and my wife Janet. I will be working at least part of every day. Click Here  Please introduce yourselves if you can find me.

We are working hard already preparing the site. This will be our 10th Nationals and we will be working hard to make it even better than those we hosted in the past.

Roger

• Baller

Roger,

I have been to Chet's 3 times this winter and hope to make it once more. Could I get a set with you at Okeehelee if I make it back down there? No pressure, but it would be nice to ski it if we could hookup. I have been there but I have never skied it.

lkb

• Baller

lkb,

No problem. Let me know when you'll be in town and if I'm there, you can get a set or two. After the time change, my usual schedule is both Saturday and Sunday (times vary, but usually 10am to 2pm). During the week, Tuesday and Thursday 5:00 to dark.

Have we met? What is your name?

• Baller

Roger, sounds good. It's still iffy right now because things are getting busier at work. But I'll definitely give you a shout if I make it back.

My name is Lindsay Burgreen.  I live in north Alabama. We've not met but I think you were the guy that put me onto a used a fischer that your friend(John Shealy maybe) had for sale last fall. I didn't end up buying it however. Anyhow, thanks for the offer.

• Baller
Roger - even if the schedule didn't work for me, I wouldn't complain.  The fact that you guys have stepped up to the plate once again is worthy of my gratitude.  WPB is a fantastic venue and my family looks forward to coming not only for the skiing but also the other entertainment options.  You guys do a great job of hosting the event and making each of us feel welcome.  Good luck in your efforts to prepare and we look forward to the invasion!

• Baller

Lindsay,

well you just have to come down. First of all, any skiing with Chet will advance your skiing for sure. Second, my ski partner is also from Alabama and is a 3 time National champion (Aimee Hagadorn, now Aimee Croatti). I'm sure she would love to hook up with you and speak of things Alabama.

jdarwin,

Well, we were not planning to do Nationals this year. We were considering next year and the year after, but things changed and we were asked to put our bid in for this year. After a couple of board and club meetings we agreed to do it. It is a monumental task as you can imagine. I am pleased to hear your comments, it is how we want everyone to feel when they visit us for this (or any) event.