Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Ski Schools

Chuck_Dickey

After the unexpected cancellation of some business meetings, I had the chance to ski with Matt Rini last week, what a great guy!  His lake is about 1/2 way between Tampa and Orlando, not far from Polk City "Waterski Hall of Fame"

Old sand quarry filled with water, nice long course North/South(6 ball) and a short course East/West (4 ball) .  A jump course as well as plenty of space to trick or whatever.

Matt was patient with me the first set, since I hadn't skied in months I did everything wrong possible. Once I remembered how to ski, on the 2nd set he was able to impart some of his wisdom on me. The next day we worked on my one handed gate and some incourse body position.

Had the great pleasure to meet his two lovely little girls and his Dad.  You should have seen his 7 year old daughter rippin up the full course on a cut down Radar MPD, including a one handed gate and everything.

Can't say enough good things about Matt and his coaching, one of the best in Florida.

• Administrators
That is just silly! I will ban anyone who votes for me. I do not belong anywhere near that list. There are 8 on that list that I would pay for coaching. I am going to see Rini in the spring and am looking forward to it. I tricked with Chet when I was a kid and was very impressed.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

John,

Remove yourself if you want. You are in charge.  You may think yourself not qualified but I have seen you at junior development for severals years now. It takes a great coach to teach all those kids. You may not be qualified to coach a pro, but a lot of folks could benefit from your keen eye from the boat.

• Administrators

All right Chuck,

I will take the complement but I do not want anyone to get the idea that I think I belong on that list. I am not sure that I am qualified to carry most of those guys skis.

Drop a dime in the can

Rossi can take what you have and will work with you in a long set, with some good explanations, but......he is hard to get anymore. I have enjoyed the time skiing with him in the past.

John, when are you going to Rini's? Brie and I are headed that way this spring.

• Administrators
I finally got around to booking my flight to go see Rini. I know a couple of BallOfSpray regulars have talked about meeting me down there so  . . .  Friday May 9 though Monday May 12.

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

We're going first week of June if anyone's interested, be there all week.  Right now we have I think 5 skiers.  Matt said he'd block off mornings for us so we could go as a group.  There should be some room within that morning group if anyone wants to join us.

Ed

• Baller

I'm in Florida for business the first week of June and have signed up with Rini for 4 days that week (Mon-Thurs).  I'm very much a beginner and this will be my third time with Matt.  Look forward to meeting you in person. 

Lynn

• Baller

From H2Osmosis Sports:

For those of you who I have not contacted yet, I wanted to let you know about some exciting new changes.  I now have a new site about 6 miles from our old site.  I will start using this site toward the end of March, but I will be doing my coaching at Trophy Lakes until then.  I am really excited about the new site.  It will be a great setup and I think you all will enjoy it greatly.  Of course we will have a 2008 Tournament Team MasterCraft, a couple of great drivers, and I will be coaching as well as Tom Henderson, who will coach in my absence and help with other things like setting up skis, offering additional help on the shore with technique and coaching, etc.  We will have a small satellite shop on site where you can pick up gear you may have forgotten to bring or just have interest in purchasing.  We can also have things either drop-shipped from our main shop in Georgia to your house, or to us in Charleston during your stay.  I will have ski and boot demos available from most manufacturers as well.  It is going to be a skier-focused training center, but we won’t forget the fun.

Please let me know if this all sounds good to you and if you want to keep your booking as it is.  I will have directions available via email very soon.  And for those of you who are wondering, there was no falling out with the guys at Trophy Lakes.  We are all friends and things are good.  I just happen to have this great opportunity and think it is better for my clients (that’s you of course), my family, my business, my staff, and myself.  I can’t wait for you to come and experience it-great training and great fun in Oz…H2Oz!

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Also, don’t forget we have the rooms in the rental house on Johns Island (just minutes from the site) available for reasonable rates.  The cost is $70/night for a regular room (with a shared bathroom) and $300 for 5 consecutive nights (2 of those available), and the Master Bedroom (with a private bathroom) is $90 per night or $400 for 5 consecutive nights.  There is a $20 cleaning fee for each stay (not each night).  Let us know if you are interested.  Also, please reconfirm if you previously have emailed to reserve a room.  I have them all down, but it never hurts to double check.

Thanks.  Looking forward to skiing with each and every one of you.

I've only had one coach on the list so I can't say he's the "best"  (he may be the "worst" of the group for all I know).  What about April Coble?  I had a one-set session with her last year and she was great.