Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Star Gazer Systems and Upgrades Ready - February 5th

skibug

• Baller

This is the email I got from PP, just passing on the information.

We are pleased to report that Star Gazer Systems and Upgrades will be available starting mid next week.  We will begin taking orders on Tuesday February 5th with shipping to follow within one or two days for most boats.

PRICING:  Upgrade Prices for Mechanical Engines with Servo Motor --$429 

Upgrade Prices for DBW Engines -- $429 - $469 (Depending on model)

Note: Your existing PerfectPass must have a Graphic Multi-line Display in order for it to work with Star Gazer.  $199 extra if required.

Note: For upgrades to 2006 or 2007 Nautiques Limited / Team Editions, Star Gazer upgrades will be available the week of February 10th.

Thank you. PerfectPass Control Systems Inc.

Phone: (902) 468-2150

Fax: (902) 468-8837

• Baller
Just phoned my oder in (Mechanical Upgrade System) today.  They took the order and put me on the list.  They said the upgrade systems won't be ready until sometime next week; but, they will be filling orders in the order they were recieved.

• Administrators

I just read in the maunal that non-GPS is still legal. When I get to a tounement will I have a choice? Seems like a bad idea but...... does anyone know?

I like the idea that ZO has settings and kind of wish SG had that but I guess we will see.

I am want to know how different the systems are . . . I guess I will be skiing behind both once it gets warm but not on the same lake or with the same boat.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators
crap . . . now I am lost. I see that KX is still an option but only in the standard GPS mode? I plan on using the practice mode..... can I use the KX? and then can I use it in tounements? Anybody know.....?

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
I just got mine yesterday as well.  I missed the part about the KX though.  I will have to go back through the manual.  It would probably be best to just call the guys at PP.  Post the answer if you do; otherwise, I will call them tomorrow after I read the manual again, so at least I sort of sound like I know what I am talking about.......

• Baller

John:

For the 2008 season you will have the option of which system you wish to use.  Of course, this depends on the boat being used.  If a 2008 Nautique, you have no choice - it's ZO.  But a 2007 Nautique could have Star Gazer as well as PP Classic.  Malibu will have Star Gazer and PP Classic.  MC will have ZO, Star Gazer and PP Classic.  Here's the weird part:  given you have a choice, you will be able to select which version for EACH PASS if you so desire.  This is a nightmare for us drivers and makes little sense as a skier but that is the way the rule is written.  The intent is to give everyone ample opportunity to ski behind the new systems as much as possible.  In the end, I think the PP Star Gazer and PP Classic will feel so similar that no one will notice and will elect one or the other.  As for ZO vs PP Star Gazer, only time will tell.

jhd

• Administrators

"you will be able to select which version for EACH PASS if you so desire"  Are you sure about that? I can see a possible advantage to early passes with harder version and them last pass with easier version.

From what I felt last fall I am all about ZO. Any time a perfect time feels slow, something good is going on. I used the most agressive setting and freak'n loved it.

I train behind an old boat most of the time so I had to get SG. We will see.

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators
So I can only adust KX PX (one of them as I recall) once but I can change systems..... I believe you but I still do not believe it . . . I wonder if I should ski INT for a year?

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

Based on what I read and interpreted in the manual, you can adjust KX and PX in both the Auto/GPS Mode as well as the Practice Mode.  I am going to call and find out; but, the way I see it is you have to be in Auto/GPS mode 1st.  This is where your KX/PX is set.  Then you switch to practice mode for your incremental speed changes.  I am assuming that practice mode holds the settings of Auto/GPS mode.  I will post after I call today. 

• Baller

I talked to PP.  All is good on the KX.  What I was told that the KX does carry over from the Auto mode to the practice mode; and, even though it is not shown on the screen shot of the digital readout gage, in the manual, it can be adjusted while in practice mode as well.

I also read, in another thread on this site, some comments about the 3 ball splits not coming in as accurate as they should be.  I asked PP about this as well.  They gave me a longer technical answer; which I sort of understand, but the short of it is, that they feel they have worked this out as well.  in particular the problem was more frequent with heavier skiers who pulled harder.  PP said they had worked with Chad Scott as a test case to correct this issue.