08 Nomad RCX

slalomdude

• Baller

Can anybody besides a top end, pro skier justify $3500.00 for a ski?  At a minimum, I would need some guarentee that it would put me into 39.5 off consistantly, and my PB (non tournament) score is between 2-3 at 32' off.  You gotta draw the line at some point.  The one positive I can see though is the advancement of ski construction technology across the board. 

Is 3500 really that insane for a toy that you use on a regular basis???  I know people who drop 15k on a quad, or sled, dirtbikes for the kids or what ever...  For me, 1000 dollar ski is more than I need (even though I have one) , but thats just me.

KG

• Baller_

I am not sure the actual value is the issue, it's more of "what do you get for the $3500" that is the issue.  I have a few toys (snowmobile for one) that gets a lot less use than my ski, but I certainly would not expect to pay as much for the ski as the sled.

Interesting comparison, how much has the price of a boat risen compared to a ski, say over the last 20 years?

• Administrators
The RCX is in fact the 08 RC. It is the same ski we tested in the fall. You will have to read the test for more info but I will say that the RCX is on my short list of great skis.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

I guess I would rather have (3.5) $1000 skis than (1) $3500, what if the (1) $3500 ski turned out to be a dud?

Then most top end ski in the year 2000 was probably about $800 - $1000; but, more realistically the average price was probably about $500.  A top of the line slalom boat loaded to the gills, in 2000, was probably $40,000.  Now the average ski costs about $1000; with the top end being $3500.  A top end slalom boat, again loaded with multiple $1500 speed control options, towers, soound systems etc., is probably around $55,000.  I don't need to do the math to illustrate which product has outpaced the other. 

The 08 Nomad is the same ski we tested in the 65" length only. D3 had retooled the mold smoothing out what they call the "V" or the back rocker point. All lenghts are supposed to be re-done. I suppose they did it over the winter and renamed it the RCX.

• Baller

Actually there was also a 67".  It was Paul's personal ski, I got two sets on it.  Also got one set on the earlier version 68" for comparrison.  I'd love to talk about it... 

Ed

• Baller

What?  I thought the Monza rocks?/vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-smile.gif 

What are you looking to improve on over what you already get with the Monza? 

The Radar, Monza and F1 all rock. I just cant wait to try the D3 after hearing some of the results from some people that have been on it. I was a Denny Kidder guy my whole life (after my Cypress Gardens Tech 1) and wasted a bunch of money and time on a 9500. But it did lead me to the Monza, so I am happy for that.

I am looking to start my season on a new stick, but I will not sell my Monza until I am dialed in and convinced that more bouys will come.