New Fin and Binding Database

Horton

• Administrators

I am thinking about new Fin and Binding data base. The old one was a pain in the A$$ and measure methods were not enforced. If I can find a way to do it again is it something you would use?

The old one http://www.carbonfins.com/FinChart.htm

Goode  KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

I think the way I want to do it is as follows . . . .

Here is a sample file http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pNqeLAlxP_U6qOrTEag72Cw

You have to get a gmail account (free) to edit. Anyone can edit online. I would have final control to undo any think stupid.

www.gmail.com

I am looking at one or two other solutions. I just want it to be easy and usefull.

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

OK so I am still working this out but here is how I think it works . . .. the spread sheet is at http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pNqeLAlxP_U4QRuN_wZ2_Pg  

Anyone can see it. To edit you have to log onto the generic Google account that I created. The log in is ballofspray.findatabase@gmail.com and the pass word is 152228323538394142 

You will see a “Edit This Page” link at the bottom of the spread sheet.  

The password would be easy to remember except for my typo. It is the line lengths in whole feet except 43 off was keyed as 42 off. I do not care enough to fix it.

I am going to leave this subject in the members only section until some of you try it. As of noon today there is some silly garbage data in the sheet. Feel free to delete it and add some of your own. Once we agree that it works ok I will show everyone the address but keep the password in the members section so the A-Holes of the world to not have the chance to screw with it.

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

As for the password on the data base (Spreadsheet really). I do not think there is any way around the way it is now. The only other way is if I make everyone get thier own google account and that seems lind of silly.

Also I am kind of happy with the file uplaod . . . still looking for an easy way to do videos . . .

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

I think that I have revision control. If someone does something dumb I will just roll it back a revision. If you guys will input some fake data I will better be able to see how it works.

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

I have revision control. That way if someone does something dumb I will just roll it back a revision. Not a problem.

Ok so do I have the right columns? I want to keep it simple and just get the right data. Any suggestions before I clear it out and call it offical?

Drop a dime in the can

Entered and edited data.  Maybe add other things like canting / rotating of front or rear bindings, maybe type of wing / mini, standard, big,...

Worked very well, nice going! Thanks

BTW: Are you going to Florida or having a Pro come to Bako? Like to make my average look better this year, maybe I'll get more Pro coaching this year. Sign me up!

• Administrators

Chuck,

I still do not have plans for Florida but want to get down in the spring. Need to get some rides here first.

As for other details in the sheet I think the notes column will work. Otherwise I will end up with 100 columns to cover every possible detail.

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators
Brent,

You crack my up man. I saw the post at Kent's site . . . . I guess I will edit the sheet tonight and call it official. Thanks for the effort. I think when I get around to selling advertising here I will have to put you on commission J

Keep at it. Seems like I have a speadsheet somewhere that has a LOT of 06 & 07 data. I will look for it and send it.

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

Added my info. Water Temp column is ok I guess as long as it matches with the date column. Right now, Okeeheelee water is between 65 and 68 degrees (68 last weekend, but I think it probably dropped a couple of degrees this week), but this will go way up as spring approaches.

• Administrators

Do you really change your #s every few degrees? I don’t disagree but I don’t really get it either? I will more the temp and date fields so they are side by side.

Drop a dime in the can

It is a huge differance when your temps go from 45 to 65f in a matter of a week or so. Then in the fall here in Minn, we cool to 65 and stay around that for a few weeks until the sun looses its power. Then we go from 65 to 45 within a few days if temps at night fall low.

In the south you will not have swings like we see in the north. Every thing is gradual and you do not notice it as quick.