Nomad RC with 106 fin

slalomdude

Anyone got any experience with fin settings for a 67 Nomad RC at 34mph.. I am using the 106 carbon fin . I have set it up to stock settings with the front binding all way forward with a D3 boot(30 1/4" I think). The ski seemed faster than my old X5 initially but has seemed to lost its fire, maybe as water temp dropped from mid 80's to 68 deg. Anyone have any other set ups that has worked for them. I took the wing off today, but had a strong head/tail which made it hard to  really compare.

On a side note, we skied behind Stargazer today, 16.94's and 16.95's with strong head tail. Sweet pull, you do have to be more patient off the ball though, as the pull from the boat seemes to come on a little later.

Thanks 

• Baller

I opened this discussion topic because I am on a 68" RC; so, I am not sure if my numbers will translate.  Not to highjack this thread; but..........I am very interested in feedback on StarGazer.

What kind of boat are you skiing behind?  Can you adjust the pull timing (i.e. like the KX setting with normal PP)?  I am assuming you ( or whoever owns the boat) has an inside track on the product; because, when I emailed and called PP, they tell me I can't purchase anything until their product release in the February time frame.

My friend has an 08 promo MC. It came with Stargazer and zero off, although he is still waiting for the ZO dash display. I Didnt really get chance to find out all the details on the system, but give me a few days and I will get back to you. I dont believe there are any adjustments, I did see him put it in practice mode to give a slower time for one guy.

• Baller
Great!  I look forward to the feedback.  I also find it pretty interesting that the boat has both ZO and StarGazer.  That should give a real good comparison of product since the only variable will be the control system.  There won't be any guessing on power options or boat hull, etc.  Do you think that you or your friend will be able to communicate the pros and cons of each; as well as majority skier preference?

• Baller

Actually, a fellow skier at my lake bought a 67" late in the season and I set it up for him.  I put the same numbers on a stock aluminum fin after he had skied it stock for a week or so.  The ski came alive for him and he was extremely pleased w/ the performance.  Next step is to add a CBR fin next spring.  As for wing, we both have run 8 deg w/ success.  9 seems a bit much and 7 causes too much lift in the tail at the apex of the turn.