Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Settings on Carbon Redim

lkb

• Baller

When I tried to set the redim to the numbers I have been using on my MPD(.760, 2.490, 6.835), it just didn't look right. The long straight edge of the fin's trailing edge was slanted (in relation to the bottom of ski) a lot. Seems like this edge is basically perpendicular to the ski bottom on every other ski I see. Anyhow, it just didn't look right. Does anybody know what's up with this?

Thanks

John,

During (not at) nationals MS sold me his 106 redim and we tried to get you to commit about using it instead of the 116

What do you think? 

• Administrators
I will be getting some more 106 Redims this winter. If you want one jsut let me know. 

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

my daughter and i just tried a 106 on a D3 today, be it cold water, 55 deg, it did tighten the turn, even mine....she skied hers with no wing and I tried mine with the Schnitz mini wing, which is about half the surface area of a regular D3 wing and 1/3 of a Goode wing. I skied into some 35 off and it felt like there were more buoys for me, the water just got cold....good excuse.

There was a bit of forgiveness in the turn, ....I wonder if one could run the fin a little deeper or more length for tracking/turning, or would that be counterproductive?...is no wing the way to go with a carbon fin?

"I'm riding the MPD as well, Don't think I need any more angle (can't hold what I get now)

Have you got the 116 Redim? "

I like what the 116 Redim did for my 67"MPD.  Just like John had posted in his review of the MPD. I have the Schnitz mini wing on mine @ 8 degrees and am using John's numbers.  As I recall, you were asking about the 116 several months ago, right?  Suggest you buy one and try it, I think you like it.  Use John's numbers and you will not have a problem holding on to the angle any more. The fin and John's numbers really helps the ski finish the turn smoothly and cross course very early.

Also, starting to play around with the new 2008 Monza (only 2 sets on it) which has the 106 on it, great combo. WOW, what a ski!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep your eyes on this new ski for HO, different ski than the 2007

• Baller

Chuck, do you think that the 116 on an MPD would work for a light person? 155 lbs...I know Horton says that the 106 is more appropriate for my weight, but when I tried it, I didn't have a great result. Also what numbers did you use?

Thanks

Same gig as the 07 with better consistancy comming out of the molds. I was playing with new fin numbers that I got from Badel at freeze up here but I need some more time in the spring. They are basicly deeper and shorter. 6.820, 2.530 and .725. I was still at .700 when I was last on the water so I need to move it forward a bit next spring. It is supposed to hold edge better into your outward change.