G10 Binding Plates . . . Wiley's

Horton

• Administrators

I started on my new binding idea tonight. I pulled my Wiley’s apart and am mounting them to a plate I got from Goode. Unlike what they are doing, when I get done the plate will be almost flush the ski for mounting with screws not Inter Lock.

Click here to see what the parts look like. http://www.carbonfins.com/CoyoteGoode.htm

Click on the photos for the big images and part #s. Broad band needed!. Once I get it to work I will go to all stainless.

(Mike you with me....)

• Baller

Nit picking?

Why 10-32? Isn't that a little big? Boltdepot.com product #10481 is a stainless 8-32 T-nut. Clip the barbs off and it can replace your big nut plate.

Why a plate nut at all? It looks like you're disassembling the Wiley's. Just countersink the G10 plate and bolt from below with the same screws and reassemble.

Bolt the end of the plate and duallock the middle. Positive hold down and fewer screw holes in the ski. If the ski already has inserts then nevermind, screw it.

Sorry if this sounds critical. I'm really interested in what you're doing. Keep at it.

Eric

• Baller
Eric / John:  I would like to find some of the socket screws and t-nuts similar to the ones used on the Powershells.  Advice?

• Baller

boltdepot.com has stainless T-nuts and I have ordered from them successfully. Microfasteners.com has stainless button socket screws. I haven't ordered from them but they have the brass inserts for in the ski as well. Maybe when the local hardware store runs out I'll try them. Note that any stainless screw will probably be stronger than the boot so you can use anything the local hardware store carries and be OK. Nobody carries the stainless T-nuts so they require an order.

I hope this helps.

Eric

• Baller

Do you have a template for a standard hole pattern or are you tracing a ski you already have?  I'm looking to do a similar thing with an aluminum plate but want to make sure I make it universal to allow me to swap my hardshells from ski to ski.  Idealy someone should have a CAD drawing w/ the hole pattern on it.

-Rod