9800 fin settings

block

I have been ridding a 68.5 9800 for 2 months and am struggling a bit.  I am using a schnitz slot fin @ standard settings.  Its very stable but I cannot get a good onside turn. 

I am going to change to the standard fin ; would you guys mind sharing your fin setting ?

Thanks 

• Baller

First, I would move bindings back one hole (3/8").   If you are using dual loc, you can move them 1/16" until you feel a difference.   The stock 9800 binding location is too far forward.  Afterward, I would try these fin settings:

6.845 jaws / 2.453 depth / .691 DFT (flat) and 8 deg wing.  This will provide you with the width you need without slowing down too much into your off-side turn. 

• Baller
I was using a slot fin on my old 9700 and it was great, tried to use the same set up on my new 9800, did not like it, felt the ski fast but unstable. Got back to the blue fin, stock settings, in my opinion the ski is great this way, in fact the only change I did was to move my boots back about 5mm.

I tried the blue fin @ standard settings.  The ski was harder to stay balanced on, the on side turn 1-3-5- was

awesome but the offside 2-4-6 was bad.  The ski wanted to straight at the bouy , no turn without forcing it.

With the schnitz slot  2-4-6 is good but the ski wants to rise on the 1-3-5 side.

I am left foot foward  and am running 35-38 off.  HELP!

Thanks

• Baller

Block:  I'm riding the SL but some of the settings apply to both.  Take out some tip - that's why the ski is tracking to the ball @ 2,4 & 6.  Had the same problem. 

On the SL, I'm now moving the fin forward from .691 to .695 to get the tip up a bit on the on-side turn.  This is the first Goode I've skied on where the DFT is so critical.  Similar to a Monza in that regard.  The SL is a different animal than the original 9800.  

jhd