Goode - Wiley Plate

Horton

• Administrators

The New Goode –Wiley plate is designed to have screws going up into the binding hardware just like standard powershell design. I am thinking about using weld nuts from the underside and screws going up (see below). FYI the way the Goode plate is G10 not Aluminum

http://www.mcmaster.com  Part # 90572A200

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

John,

Have you seen the Reflex long plate?  I have one which is just slightly thinner than my G-10 Goode.  I bought it and the Reflex boots to make my own setup, kind of a mix of Goode design and their hardware and Reflex shells and plate.

Due to their adjustability, my Goode Powershell-4's are always slipping off centerline requiring me to loosen the screws and re-center and re-tighten.  The Powershell-3's were not adjustable, but you couldn't cant the rear either.  So I'm going to try and marry the two designs, fixed but with my boot spacing and rear canting.

Since the Reflex plate is slightly thinner, do you think there are any strength concerns?

• Administrators

I looked at one today and had a goop laugh when I saw that it is a thin G10 plate with a layer of carbon on top for looks. I think I saw a crack in it. If the plate you have is the same materail as the one I saw today I would worry about it being too flexable for use with Dual Lock. If you are going to screw it down I would think about removing the foam pad. On the binding I saw the G10 (carbon) was under stress around the screw holes because of the foam.

If you do have one that is all carbon then I should be ok. . . .

What I am doing with the Goode plate is mount Wileys on it.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

John,

Not sure I can tell the difference in plates. My new one does have a visible carbon layer but not sure how it's constructed underneath. It's about .015 thinner than my Goode plate.  Does feel more flexible.  You know carbon way better than me, what makes the Reflex plate "too flexable for use with Dual Lock"

Thx.,  CD

PS: When you put your Wileys on a Goode plate and Dual Lock it down, are you expecting the plate to release before you come out of the rubber, or vice versa ?