Warmer water

tsixam

• Baller

Our lake temp has risen from about 60 to 80F and my skiing has fallen apart. My ball count is the same but I have to fight my way trough the course and I end up way to far back on the ski and I am not able to ski wide and early. I am on Sixam 1,0 67.5 with factory setting. Any suggestions about fin settings? 

Tsixam

• Baller

ski6jones

To compensate for low viscous water(water warm,ski sinks) try moving bindings back to restore the approriate amount of ski contacting the water.

Maybe even less length & increse in depth. Move the fin back to prevent the tip from getting too high at thr finish of the turn.

Usually a binding & fin shift in same direction is all that's needed!

.250/15=.017 back (1/4" back with boots & 17thousanths back  with fin is a good move for a Goode

Keith Albritton

• Baller

My current setting are 6,87(tip), 2,52 and 0,79 (stem). I have been skiing pretty good ( new PB) in cold water, about 60F Now the water temp is about 75F and I have had some problems with slack and tip rise at the end of the turn on both sides. Tomorrow I will try these settings in a competition. 6,795,  2,535 and 0,756.

Tsixam

With my Monza, if i get tip rise at hook up, I always move my fin back a smidge. It takes care of it every time. When my water gets back down to 75 or so, I move it forward again. 

• Baller

Thanks for the input.

MS, I envy you. When our lake is warm it is about 80F and when it gets back from a warm spell it is about 60F.

I went to a competition today with the new settings. The ski was fine, no tip rise at all. 28, 32 and 35 was wide and early. I was quite sure that I would ski deep 38 hopefully maybe even nail it or at least make 4. Then I got a mental break down. Pulled out way too early for the gates, lost speed and went straight to 1, cranked it, and got 0.5. But next weekend there is a new 2 round competition, then..

Tsixam

Our water gets warm, but only for about 2 months. We will see it go down fast from here on out as the nights get to 50-60f in late aug and sep will bring 40-50f nights. Our long days in jun/jul heat it up real fast. I plan on spending Sep and Oct weekends down south with anyone that will have me.

• Baller
Water was 99 yesterday - highs all week 102.  If you're too cool Mark, c'mon down.  Hope Chad gets some rain prior to the BD or it will be HOT HOT HOT.  My skiing's gone downhill - guess I better start moving bindings and fin.  Hate to though due to the fact that this ski was working GREAT.