The 41 off loop

Horton

• Administrators

Every time I ski, I use the 41 off loop. I always ski with hot times and ski on a RC lake. Proof is below.

http://www.ballofspray.com/HTML/HortonVids.htm

• Administrators

Hey Ward,

It seems like my vid files do not work with Qicktime  . . . WindowsMedia works great

You need to update your Windows Media Player with the Free Codec Package.  Go to Microsoft and they will direct you to an off-site provider for the downloads.  Takes about 10 minutes.

• Baller

skidawg is absolutely correct, you gotta keep your upper body going out as the ski swings underneath.  but, in order to optimize this you have to get enough speed early to facilitate an early edgechange.  If you are still pressing with stiff legs passed the second wake on the cutting edge, you will not be able to do what skidawg depicted.  JTH, Marcus and I were messing around on here and we saw your 35 passes video.  On all your passes but one, your edgechange came at least 10 feet too late....the "me 35's again" video was nearly perfect...your cuts were much quicker and shorter and I believe it started at the gate where you didn't rush the turn as much as you did on your other starts.  I don't know when this video is from but the "me 35's again" pass looked great and with a little tweaking you should be knocking down 38's regularly!!

• Baller

skidawg is absolutely correct, you gotta keep your upper body going out as the ski swings underneath.  but, in order to optimize this you have to get enough speed early to facilitate an early edgechange.  If you are still pressing with stiff legs passed the second wake on the cutting edge, you will not be able to do what skidawg depicted.  JTH, Marcus and I were messing around on here and we saw your 35 passes video.  On all your passes but one, your edgechange came at least 10 feet too late....the "me 35's again" video was nearly perfect...your cuts were much quicker and shorter and I believe it started at the gate where you didn't rush the turn as much as you did on your other starts.  I don't know when this video is from but the "me 35's again" pass looked great and with a little tweaking you should be knocking down 38's regularly!!

• Administrators
Do me a huge favor and repost this in the thread it belongs in. This is good stuff. I will delete the dups when it is all straight.