I hate 5 ball!

Horton

• Administrators

I hate 5 ball!

Score 1 and you are just not thinking

Score 2 and you are over your head or just not in it.

Score 3 and you are getting a piece of it but not really ½ way to 6

Score 4 and you are in it and have what it takes to get all 6

Score 5 and you can do it, you are in it but are just too freaking stupid to get 6

Score 6 and start all over again.

• Baller

You can´t be serious! can you?  I have been on trick skis once in a competition, got 180 points or so but was No 3 overall!

Tsixam

• Administrators

Overall . . . at least all you have to do is ski solid in 3 events . . . better then that 5 ball. I am ok with someone else skiing better then me but when that freaking 5 ball . . .

I set the CR7 up with my front binding at 29.25" from the tail.   Measured the fin and wing – 6.8185 long – 2.5035 deep - .822 from the tail

That is from schnitzes 2003 ski test. Those were the factory numbers.

• Baller

Thanks MS, 

He hasn’t been skiing for 4-5 years but used to ski in to 38 at 36. Now he started again at 34 and has problems with 28. I think he needs a bigger ski. His weight is about 215, (no fat) and he says it feels like he has to work really hard to get out to the balls even at 22 off.

Tsixam

• Baller

Speaking from personal experience (at 38), it is very difficult to turn 5 and get to 6 with both hands around your neck  a.k.a.  Choke!!!!

• Baller
Why does that happen?  One day you're the man, killin it, the next day you ski like a turd.  Happens to me more often than not.  How does one ski consistent day in and day out?  Professor, anyone, bueller, anyone?

• Baller

I have the same problem, but I have noticed that there is a pattern. At least in my case. If I ski very well one day, I often ski badly the day after. I think the reason is that I have too high expectation on my self and want to ski even better than the day before. Self 1? I think we are back to The Inner Game of Tennis…..Want to much….try too hard…not relaxed….

Tsixam

• Baller
Not sure about everyone else but as I get older (51) my body takes a longer time to recover. I have some of my best days after a 4-5 day layoff. If I relax and just ski ( don't think), my muscle memory takes over and I ski well. The quote "less is more" definitely applies here. When tired, I ask my body to do things it's not ready to do and then force things to compensate for mistakes which then keep compounding!!