4. Toning

5. Who Dat!!!

6. New ski for 2010

7. Ladies Ski

8. Jr. US Open

• Upcoming Events

• Our picks

• Ski Like the Pros - Rob Hazelwood, Malibu Open Finals 2023
      Ski Like the Pros: Malibu Open Finals, 2023 - Rob Hazelwood // A new series where MB takes a different approach to sharing knowledge, by breaking down and analyzing what some of the best in the world are doing (and not doing), all the way down to the most passionate amateurs!

Chapters

00:00 - Intro

00:35 - Big Thanks to TWBC for the killer coverage!!

01:00 - Rob 38 Off (11.25m)

01:56 - Rob 39 Off (10.75m)

03:10 - Compression through Transition

04:20 - Handle Control

07:38 - Why is MB doing this?

07:55 - 1 to 2 at 39, at half speed

08:25 - 1 to 2 at 39, full speed

08:50 - 41 off

09:18 - 41 off break down/analysis

09:38 - Importance of STANCE

11:51 - Two Hands on the Handle Comparison at 39 off: into 2, into 4, into 6

15:07 - Learn to find the things you do well, and leverage them to your advantage!

15:50 - Amateur Comparisons

23:39 - What Rob does better than almost everyone

24:12 - Centerline to Buoy: the most important part of skiing?

24:36 - Closing thoughts, and Do You Want to see More of This??
        • Thanks
      • 13 replies
    • This is a preview of the new coaching platform. This system allows coaches to use the system however they want. Any coaches and elite skiers in the sport will be welcome to participate. BallOfSpray is simply the platform. Let me know if you would be willing to submit a test lesson.

• 18 replies
    • Video coaching is live- Cole Giacopuzzi
      As many of you have seen Horton just announced a platform for coaches to take on lessons. I was stoked to help him a bit with ideas and come to the final product. We took what was great about Givego and made it better. If you're in the market for coaching please feel free to submit a video. I plan on answering lessons with a voiceover your video to give you the best feedback I can. My coaching style is mainly to help build your overall knowledge and focus on improving your movements to help you run a more efficient line through the course and evolve your skiing. Looking forward to some lessons.
        • Thanks
      • 0 replies
    • The 6th annual ”Waterski ITALY tour” will happen again between Sept 23rd and Oct 9th 2024.
      The 6th annual ”Waterski ITALY tour” will happen again between Sept 23rd and Oct 9th 2024.

”Waterski ITALY tour” is a guided tour from the north east of ITALY towards the west and then all the way south to Napoli. There are 8 exclusive spots being open to any level skier and non skiers are welcome as well.

Like past years we will visit 10 of Italy’s best ski sites but in 2022 one new lake was added so there will be 11 ski sites in 2024. With skiing and an unforgettable culinary experience, the tour is something that must be experienced as the tour travels through 6 different regions (Piemonte, Lombardi, Trentino Alto Adige, Emilia Roman, Lazio & Campania) and each region producing its own culinary treasures. I would say that there are few if any country in the world where you will find such diversity in food in one country. As a matter of fact it was suggested that I name the tour “Waterski & Eat ITALY tour”

Since 1991 I have come to work in Italy running ski school. I have enjoyed these past 30+ years visiting, skiing, competing & capturing photos for waterski magazine of all these different ski sites, and been exposed to some of the best food in the world and become a (as they say in Italy) ”Una buona forchetta”. I hope to share all this with all of you!

If you are interested in joining me in 2024 and/or if you have any questions regarding this once in a lifetime waterski dream vacation I can be contact at: info@waterskiitaly.com

Thomas Gustafson

Photo´s from the 2017 tour
      https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10155888954748175&type=3
      Photo´s from the 2018 tour
      https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10156002594708175&type=3
      Photo´s from the 2019 tour
      https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10156921860903175&type=3
      Photo´s from the 2022 tour
      https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.924109282295236&type=3

• 0 replies
  • Tell a friend

Love BallOfSpray? Tell a friend!