Will Nautique still make the 200?

skinut

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

Since the introduction of another 25% import duty on boats from the USA, I have over heard somebody dicussing whether it would be a lucrative option to manufacture a boat for the european market in europe.

The people discussing this have a good track record and produced good quality boats some years back, they made good money then and see no reason why they cannot make good money now.

I am not at liberty to name their previous product but I do believe it was a great success in the USA.

If they stop production of the 200, somebody in Europe will take on the challenge to produce something I am sure.

• Baller

This is kind of funny. When the 200 came out, all these same rumors existed about the 196. I had an 09 196, but my 2011 200 409, blew it away. Still think the 196 was great, but truly Love my 200. Even saying that, I would go with a 2019 in a heart beat. I love innovation and thank God Correct Craft keeps developing it.

• Baller
As an overall package the jump from the 196 to the 200 to the 2019 are about the same in terms of how far each has advanced over the previous. I love my 196 but its not on the same planet as the 2019. I can't see the logic behind producing the 200 after they have invested so much into R+D on the new toy, they need to get a return now so why bother with the old design? It makes even less sense to rebrand it, they will sell as many 2019's as they can make this year I bet. And if they were going to rebrand it then it would be the new Carbon Pro perhaps?? but that got killed.

• Baller
Who knows, maybe they killed the OB Carbon Pro concept to just utilize the 200 molds and rebadge it? I could see the 200 hull (OB) fitting in nicely along side the new SN. I think too many buyers expect an OB tournament hull these days, and CC would be kind crazy not to offer one somehow.

• Baller

Just my opinion, but I don't really see the new SN cannibalizing open bow 200 sales.

@Horton Do you disagree with my question about the CP thing or an OB 200 hull fitting in with the new SN? I could easily agree with you that a rebadged 200 hull would be highly unlikely. I do think that CC should continue an OB tournament hull though.

• Administrators
@swc5150 I disagree with the premise that the demise of Carbon Pro had anything to do with what goes on at Nautique. That conspiracy theory has been floating around for a while and I don't know anybody who's in the know that thinks it's credible.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
Malibu introduced the Response LXi in 2003 but kept the OG Response and Response LX around until 2016 mostly with just incremental updates but with the same basic architecture from 1999. You could still order a closed-bow Response in 2016. They sold enough of them to keep both options available for that many years. There's definitely precedent.

• Baller
I think you can still order a Malibu LXR which is the old LX with a walk through bow instead of step over. Not 100% sure you can still get them but for close to 15 years after the introduction of the LXI you could get the old Response hull.

• Baller
Wonder if they'll ever make an OB variant. Seems like CC is saddling their promo crew with boats that will be extremely difficult to sell. Ridiculously expensive and closed bow isn't going to entice the family guy on public water demographic that helps keep this market (barely) afloat.

• Baller
Except that as it is now apparently, they aren't saddling the promo crew with it, it will end up being the dealers saddled with trying to get rid of them. You are right though that it is certainly not a boat that will appeal to the "family guy on public water" but neither was the 196 and CC didn't seem to have a hard time finding enough slalom focused guys to sell those to. That price though. I guess we will see. I certainly would love to see them offer an open bow option in a year or two. We will see if that happens.

• Baller
@UWSkier cc is not saddling the promo crew with boats. The boats are going back to the dealers. This was done by cc several years ago and only lasted a short time. We will see how it works this time around

• Baller

Any update on the “Nautique Club 200?”

I am sure show ski teams that run new Correct Crafts each year (I.e. Janesville) would greatly prefer this route. The question would be, what percentage of CC sales is that really making up, and how much marketing / new boat sales come out of it.

It was interesting that a new 2019 Ski Nautique was at WI show ski state this year. Same questions above apply.

• Baller
This sounds great and all but it seems like CC will be shooting itself in the foot on the new boat. Unless it won’t be tournament approved. I still like skiing and driving the 200 over the new one and I’m sure if given the option the promo guys would choose the 200.

• Baller
I would think if it's priced on par with a "basic" Prostar (5.7, no bow lid, etc.), it would sell pretty well? I love our Prostar, but the 200 is still the best driving hull I've ever driven. If ditching the saddle bags made the wake as nice as a PS, I'd consider switching back to CC:)