Help! PCM 40A to 80A transmission swap. Throttle cable problem

FLeboeuf

• Baller

Hey Ballers!

I recently changed my PCM transmission in my 2011 200. It had the 40A and since they don't make them anymore I now have the 80A. The mecanic installed the throttle cable in a way that the cable comes from the top of the engine instead of from the floor like it was with the 40A...Hope some of you understand what I mean but anyway, he installed it that way because the shifter on the transmission is located differently and it was the only way he could make it fit. But the problem now is that the boat goes foward when I gear it in reverse and backwards when I gear it foward!

Any of you had that problem or was able to adapt the cable properly to the 80A from a 40A pcm tranny? pictures if you have any would help and what brackets did you use to make it fit?

Thanks!!

• Baller
@FLeboeuf The shifter mechanism at the drivers seat has 2 separate connections so that the shifter can be made to go the correct direction when the throttle is moved into the forward position. I found out accidentally when I replaced a shifter mechanism and re-connected the transmission cable the wrong way. Let me know if you need pictures of the shifter mechanism. I have a spare one sitting in the garage I can take a picture of for you.

• Baller_

@FLeboeuf

Did you get a complete retro kit?

If so it has all the levers and brackets it takes to retro fit.

You might have to re route the cable under the transmission and use a bottom bracket included in the kit.

It Is all designed so YOU DON'T HAVE TO MONKEY WITH YOUR HELM CONTROL...

If you believe you did not receive a complete kit or you might have received a kit for another application then your engine , then go back to your supplier and follow up.

I just ran into it with the one I am doing now.

• Baller

@Jody_Seal My index is pointing where the shifter was on the 40A and my thumb is pointing where the bottom bracket is. If you figured it out please show me

The cable was coming the opposite way, from the back underneath the floor with the 40A

My mecanic ordered everything so I don’t know. My guess is that it was the complep retro kit

• Baller
with the bottom bracket, we had to bend the bracket a bit to angle it right, but it was not enough. as you can see the cable would be almost vertical. It would not shift because of the too steep angle of the cable

• Baller_

@FLeboeuf

Thats still going over the top.

You will need the set up to route the cable under the transmission and from behind. Your cable is long enough to do so. It has to be rerouted under the engine not over the top.

If I can get to my boat tomorrow I will take a photo of the cable mount and lever.